– 1/2 pack Round wonton wrapper (or shumai skin)
– 1/2 pound Ground pork
– 1/2 pound Shrimp, deveined and finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon Fresh green ginger, grated
– 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt
– 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
– 1 Egg, beaten, for egg wash
– Water, for steaming
– Place about a tablespoon of filling on each wrapper. Lightly brush the sides of the wrapper with egg wash, and then gather up the sides to form ripples, leaving the center open. Whack the bottom of the dumpling on the counter so that it will stand up.
– When all the shumai are filled, steam in a bamboo steamer in a large pot over an inch of water, for about 12-15 minutes, or until cooked (depends on the size of the shumai).
– Serve hot with soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce, chilli sauce, or any dipping sauces.