Chinese fried rice
– 2 plates of dry-cooked white rice
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 5 shallots, finely chopped
– 2 red chillies, finely chopped (can be replaced with chilli powder/paste)
– 1 tomato, thinly sliced (can be replaced with tomato sauce)
– 1 egg, make omelet then thinly sliced
– 1 spoon sweet soy sauce
– 1 spoon salty soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– Cucumber, tomato and cilantro for garnishing
– Add rice, both sweet and salty soy sauces, tomato sauce (if needed), then stir for few minutes.
– Add salt and pepper, mix well.
– Garnish the plate with tomato, cucumber, and cilantro. Serve the fried rice together with sliced omelet as topping. It can also be added with fried sliced shallot on the top.